2018 TEEN PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST: LEAD WITH FOCUS
April 8, 2018 - April 22, 2018
- Photographs must adhere to the contest theme "Lead with Focus." (How would you define leadership? How is leadership represented or understood? What are the qualities of leadership?)
- Submissions will be accepted via email from April 8, 2018 through April 22, 2018. Any entry submitted after April 23, 2018 will not be accepted. Hard copies will not be accepted.
- Limit 1 entry per person. Contestants will not have an opportunity to exchange entries. The first entry received is final.
- The submission must include the contestant's name, age, home library, parent/guardian name, phone number, email address, image title, and a short description of the image detailing how your photograph encompasses the theme "Lead with Focus."
- All images must be taken by the original contestant warranting that he/she is the sole and exclusive owner of the images, does not infringe upon any copyright, trademark right, or right of privacy or publicity, and does not defame a third party.
- It is the responsibility of the contestant to obtain verbal or written permission if his/her photograph includes an identifiable individual. The contestant accepts all liability from the use of a photograph where permission has not been obtained. Defiance Public Library System is not responsible for legal implications resulting for the publication of a submitted entry.
- Defiance Public Library System reserves the non-exclusive right to use the photograph, the contestant's first name only, age, and home library at their discretion. Entries will be viewed online via various social media sites and the public will cast votes using an online venue. By giving permission, you grant any further use for promotional purposes in connection with the Teen Photography Contest, or other library related promotional material. Winning photograph may be used for library card designs.
- Contestant must be in grades 6-12.
TO SUBMIT AN IMAGE
- File Format: JPEG only
- Email submission to: email@example.com
- Use subject header: Photo Contest 2018
- Include with your photo submission: name, age, home library, parent/guardian name, phone number, email address, image title, and short description of image.
- Photographs will be judged from April 23, 2018 to April 24, 2018.
- Judging will be based on depiction of theme, composition, and technical skills.
- The judges' decisions are final.
- Winners will be notified via phone by the end of the week.
FAN FAVORITE IN-HOUSE/ONLINE VOTING
- The public will have an opportunity to vote for one Fan Favorite award from April 25, 2018 though April 30, 2018.
- Winner will be notified via phone by the end of the week.
- Link to the online voting will be provided here.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWED
- First Place: Art Portfolio
- Second Place: Minimalism Art PlainJournal with Copic Gasenfude Brush Pen
- Third Place: Tran Black Deluxe Pencil Case
- Fan Favorite: Subway Gift Card
- Signature is required.
- Download the form, sign, and return to any DPLS location. Signed form may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org